Agal Wellbeing Services does not provide a 24-hour emergency service. If you are in danger, we advise you to contact the police on 999 or one of the emergency helplines listed below.

If you are using our services and have a case with us, we will continue to work with you out-of-hours if necessary, to ensure your safety

If there has been an incidence of violence or harassment or a threat of violence or harm made against you or someone you know, dial 999 (minicom 0800 112 999).

If you are in danger and cannot speak to phone the police, Calling 999 and coughing or tapping in 55 on the keypad will signal to the call operator that you are in danger, allowing them to send officers to your location.

Domestic Violence

Domestic violence is a crime.

In an emergency, call 999. A police officer or officers should come to you immediately. In non-emergency situations, depending on the circumstances, a male or female officer may come to see you initially. Most forces have specially trained police officers attached to a specialised Domestic Violence Unit or Community Safety Unit. You should ask the officer for his or her name and badge number. Once the initial risk to your safety is over, if you prefer, you can ask to speak to a female officer. The police should also provide you with an interpreter if necessary.

If there is no immediate threat but you wish to report a crime of violence, we can help you contact the police and we may be able to go with you to the police station to report the incident or advise on the matter.

Once you have reported a violent or threatening incident to the police, a full statement will be taken and the police will investigate the matter and gather all the information in order for the Crown Prosecution Service to decide whether there is enough evidence to prosecute the person who abused/harassed you. Often the police will ask you if you agree to support a criminal prosecution (pressing charges). If you don’t want the police to press charges they usually won’t but you should think about this carefully and obtain more advice before making a decision.

For more information on being a witness in a criminal prosecution, you can contact the police officer dealing with the case. You can also contact us or your local Domestic Violence or Community Safety Unit or your local Victim Support Group.

National Domestic Violence Helpline
Contact the freephone 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline.
Telephone: 0808 2000 247
Website: www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk
National Child Protection Helpline (NSPCC)
This is a free, confidential service for anyone concerned about children at risk, including children themselves. The service offers counselling, information and advice.
Telephone: 0800 800 5000
Website: www.nspcc.org.uk