- Our primary motto is to strengthen the families.
- Offer counselling for anyone 16+
- Provide emotional support for DV Clients
- Provide an accessible, instant, confidential support from any web-based global location
- If local, face to face support is available in Ilford, IG1
- Deliver different levels of help and support e.g.
- Referrals can and might be made to other professional agencies, based on further assessment
- Level 1 – Light touch information and advice
- Level 2 – Intermediary help for the short term
- Level 3 – Deeper level: counselling. Client referred to our own counsellors will be offered 6-8.
- Provide Training up to diploma level 3 in Counselling, awarding body NCFE/ Cache
- Provide Supervision for all counsellors (Trainees and fully qualified)
- CPD (Continuous Professional Developmemt) events for counselling students. 20 hours of CPD is required per year according to BACP.
- All of our counsellors, both qualified and trainees, are volunteers.
- Agal currently receives no external funding and relies solely on voluntary client donations and fund raising events.
- Volunteers will be expected to receive supervision (minimum of 1.5 hours per month according to BACP guidelines) by the team senior counsellors.
- Call Us / fill Get In touch forms
- One of our volunteers gets in touch with you.
- Screening/ Initial interview
- Financial assessment
- Background history
- Mental health
- Depression and Anxiety Inventories
- Following assessment:
- Client is referred to one of our counsellors.
- Client is referred to another professional Channel
- Review at the completion of 6-8 sessions